February 15, 2018

Attention All Students: Design a t-shirt for the Kamehameha Day celebration using the theme “Kipu’upu’u O Kamehameha.” This is open to all Kohala community members. Requirements are: no larger than 8.5”x11”, cannot use trademark logos, graphics, or copies of art, limited to 3 colors. Submit no later than March 9, 2018. Drop off at Kohala Village Hub, Attn. Michelle. Include you name, phone# and address. Judging will be the end of MARCH. THE winning image will be printed on the 2018 Kamehameha Day t-shirt and announced in the Kohala Mountain News. See Mrs. Hoy for more information.

Seniors: On Wed., Feb. 21 weather permitting, Yearbook will be taking the senior mob shot photo on the back field during morning recess. Please be prompt! Thank you!

The following Students who were in the PSY 100 college class last semester, please return your Psychology Textbook to Ms. Nietfeld as soon as possible to avoid an obligation. The textbooks will be used for subsequent PSY 100 classes at Kohala High School. Louis Arraujo, Chyenne Book, Kiele Carpio, Maila Donner, Zazttaney Matsu, Daniel O’Donnell, Christopher Tinfo.   Thank you to those who have returned your books already!

Juniors and Seniors who are interested in an opportunity to study abroad in Japan AND earn a 2 yr degree… come to the Hawaii Tokai University presentation today from 8:10-9:00 in Room 17. Stop by the counselor’s office to get a Permission Form.

Students age 14 to 17 the United States Department of Agriculture is sponsoring an AgDiscovery program for you. This is a unique opportunity for students to experience agricultural science, and learn about careers in animal and plant disciplines, wildlife management, veterinary medicine, biotechnology, entomology, food safety, food production, agribusiness, forestry, and LOTS more! The program will be held at the University of Hawaii, Manoa from July 8-21. All costs, except transportation to and from the program, are covered by the AgDiscovery program. If you would like more information and an application, see Ms. Nietfeld!

Today is the final day of spirit week!!!  Are you showing dressed as your favorite meme day.  Be sure to check in with STUCO in Ms. Ubilas’ room during first recess to be counted and join us at lunch recess for a noon-time game to earn your class even more points.  See the bulletin board for more information.

Do you love to sing or play music?  Do you have a secret talent that you want to share?  Sign up to participate in the talent showcase at the JAMboree on March 10.  Sign-ups are in the office and end on March 2.  See Ms. Ubilas if you have any questions.