March 14, 2018

Seniors, many scholarship deadlines have come and gone and others are passing by quickly. Do not miss out on these scholarships. Check with Ms. Nietfeld about the application deadlines on the following: The Choy Zane and Leora Wong Zane Scholarship, Foodland Shop for Higher Education, Hawaii Association of Public Accountants, Manuel Family Scholarships, Ho’omau Scholarships, Kohala Lion’s Club, American Association of University Women, Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union, Kohala Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship, Hawaii Saddle Club Scholarship, and more. Don’t miss out!

REMINDER… Students who will be taking the English 100 Course this summer, remember to turn in your Signed copy of the UH Dual Application to Ms. Nietfeld ASAP!

ALL Seniors planning to attend ANY of the Hawaii Community Colleges, are required to take the Accuplacer Placement Test. The test is FREE for the first attempt, a second attempt will cost $25.00. If you need to take the test, we will take a group to the Hawaii Community College Testing Center on Thursday, April 26. Get more information and Permission form from Ms. Nietfeld if you plan to take this test.

Seniors who have been accepted to UH Hilo: There will be a meeting with Lisa Ann Amaral to discuss your NEXT STEPS, including housing applications, orientation, registration of classes, and questions you have about attending to UH Hilo. The meeting is set for March 15, during Period 7 (1:00-2:00) in Room 19.

Are you interested in serving as a class officer during the 2018-2019 school year?  Application packets are now available in the front office and are due to Ms. Ubilas by Thursday, March 29.

Prom ticket sales continue today during lunch recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room.

TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:

The Operation Driver Education skill test for this Saturday at Kealakehe High school is cancelled due to lack of student participation. I repeat, The Operation Driver Education skill test for this Saturday at Kealakehe High school is cancelled due to lack of student participation.

Baseball travels to Konawaena today. Game @ 3pm. Bus leaves @ 11:30am. Pls. excuse players @ 11:15am.