March 15, 2018

Five Kohala High Juniors will have the pleasure of traveling to Washington and Oregon to tour ten different university campuses throughout the Spring break. They were selected to attend this GEAR UP sponsored trip last October. We would like congratulate Sadey Alip. Kayleen Cordeiro, Malia Donner, Kyrell Mateo, and Mekaila Pasco and wish them luck in their journey as they plan their future!

Seniors, many scholarship deadlines have come and gone and others are passing by quickly. Do not miss out on these scholarships. Check with Ms. Nietfeld about the application deadlines on the following: The Choy Zane and Leora Wong Zane Scholarship, Foodland Shop for Higher Education, Hawaii Association of Public Accountants, Manuel Family Scholarships, Ho’omau Scholarships, Kohala Lion’s Club, American Association of University Women, Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union, Kohala Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship, Hawaii Saddle Club Scholarship, and more. Don’t miss out!

REMINDER… Students who will be taking the English 100 Course this summer, remember to turn in your Signed copy of the UH Dual Application to Ms. Nietfeld ASAP!:

ALL Seniors planning to attend ANY of the Hawaii Community Colleges , you are required to take the Accuplacer Placement Test. The test is FREE for the first attempt, a second attempt will cost $25.00. If you need to take the test, we will take a group to the Hawaii Community College Testing Center on Thursday, April 26. Get more information and Permission form from Ms. Nietfeld if you plan to take this test.

Seniors who have been accepted to UH Hilo: There will be a meeting with Lisa Ann Amaral to discuss your NEXT STEPS, including housing applications, orientation, registration of classes, and questions you have about attending to UH Hilo. The meeting is set for today, during Period 7 (1:00-2:00) in Room 19.

Application packets are now available in the front office for anyone interested in serving as a class officer during the 2018-2019 school year. Completed packets are due to Ms. Ubilas by Thursday March 29.

Today and tomorrow are the last days to buy a ticket to prom during lunch recess in Ms. Ubilas’ room.  Only current juniors and seniors may purchase a prom ticket and you must have a completed permission form and payment in order to buy a ticket and sign up for a table.  As a reminder, you may not have any outstanding obligations and lunch loans in order to attend prom.

Ms. Ubilas is offering a sewing class every Tuesday and Thursday after school.  See Ms. Brown for a permission form.

TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:

The Operation Driver Education skill test for this Saturday at Kealakehe High school is cancelled due to lack of student participation.

Softball travels to Konawaena today. Game @ 3pm. Bus leaves @ 11:30am. Pls. excuse players @ 11:15am.