April 2, 2018

Driver’s Ed students who will need to do their BTW, please see Mr. Kometani or Mr. Kealoha for appointments. Mr. Kealoha will be starting his 3rd session of Driver’s Ed in April and may not be able to drive during that time.

All interested students for Driver’s Ed: We will be starting our 3rd session Driver’s Education classes in April. The starting date will be Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the Home EC room. It is our required 1.5 hour parent/student Driver’s Ed meeting and counts towards your 38 hours of classroom time. If you are 15 1/2 or older and have a Driver’s permit, you may register for the class. Your application and copy of your permit will only be accepted at the Parent meeting. Please pick up a copy of the application prior to the meeting night and take it home to be completed. Bring that with you to the Parent/Student meeting. You and a parent/legal guardian must also be present at the meeting.   If a parent or legal guardian does not attend the meeting, you will not be able to continue the DE session.

There will be a change in class time: The classes will be starting at 6:15 am and ending at 7:45 am (1.5 hours). Classes will be Monday through Friday. There are a couple of school days where there are no classes. Attendance is mandatory. Hawai’i’s Driver Education program has its own requirement and does not follow our school’s attendance policy. We also must start the class with 15 students. If we don’t get the committed 15, we will have to cancel the class for this school year.

The cost is $10.00. We do accept personal check. Please make it out to: Kohala High School.   If you have any questions regarding the meetings, please contact Mr. Kealoha at 889-5298 or 895-5915.

Attention Bus Riders: This is a reminder that all bus riders must have a bus pass IN HAND tomorros. All students must have their valid 4th quarter pass or they will be denied boarding according to the rules in the student bus handbook.

Sophomores and Juniors: Kohala High is offering 4 college level classes this Fall. The classes are Hawaiian Studies 100, Hospitality and Tourism Industry 100, Biology 100, Psychology 100.   With successful completion of a course, you will earn 1 High School credit and 3 College credits. If interested see Ms. Nietfeld for additional information. Deadline to apply is April 6. Don’t miss out!

TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:

It’s First Friday on April 6!! So far we have KHS Ag/Natural Resource Program selling bok choy, luau leaf, kale, and collards; Robotics has Kulolo. Additional items include Musubis, Shave Ice, Kalua Nachos, Laulau, Chicken Long Rice; Smoke Meat, Chili, Shoyu Chicken; KFAC Sydnie & Marley’s Super Slime & Satisfying Squishies, Kidz Hot Dog Meal Packs; Bake Goods Bentos, Taco Salad Deluxe, Caramel Apples, Bubble Drinks, Kealohi Kine Cards & snack desserts. Also, it’s a Jumanji Movie Night @ 6pm. Come & check it out!!

Softball hosts Ka’u @ Kamehameha Park. Game @ 3pm. Please excuse players @ 1:15pm.

Boys Volleyball travels to HPA. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 4pm.