May 8, 2018

Did you know that track and field events include more than just running? Although there are running events like sprints, hurdles, long distance, and relays; there are also other events like shot put, discus, long jump, and triple jump! Any student interested in participating in the track team in the spring of the 2018-2019 school year should sign the interest form in the office to get a count. Track is a great way to improve yourself and have fun! Please sign the interest form in the office to ensure we can have a team next year!

Hooray it is Senior Projects Presentation Day! Please welcome our guest evaluation panelists. There are four locations for presentations: Band, Rm 19, RM 30 and Academy room. Presentations are 10-15 min with 5 minutes or transition/passing time. Mahalo for everyone’s support of our seniors as they demonstrate their career and college readiness.

The following seniors need to turn in their Graduation Agreement to Ms. Ubilas: Caylah Carvalho, Marvelanne Clark, Johnnette Emeliano, Whitley Francisco, J Sean Giron, Cayshen Laau Silva Mahi, Zazttaney Matsu, Andrew Pale, Keoni Tavares Matsuda, Christopher Tinfo, Dayton Torres-Salvador. If you need another copy of the Agreement form, please see Mr. Chertavian.

Seniors, Graduation and your last day at Kohala High School are right around the corner. Please make sure that your lockers are cleaned and emptied out by the end of school on Wednesday, May 23. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 23rd, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to walk at graduation until that fee is paid.

Does an all expenses paid vacation to Hilo sound good to you? Well, you can spend 3 weeks traveling the Hawaii Island with Hawaiioutdoors.org June 29th-July 19th. Meet kids from all across America and learn how to protect Hawaii ecosystems. See Mr. Douglas in Rm 22 for more info.

Congratulations to 5 of our Kohala High students who were selected as Kohala’s “Salute to Graduates” honorees in the following categories: Scholastics: Naomi Ney, Athletics: CJ Agbayani, Information Technology: Kaid Nickl, Literary and Performing Arts: Miranda Canniff, and Leadership: Cheyenne Fuertes. These five students will be honored at the “Salute to Graduates Luncheon on Saturday, May 12 at the Grand Naniloa Hotel along with other top five students from each high school on the Big Island. Congratulations to all!

JUNIORS: It is time to register for the College Board SAT Test being administered at Kohala High on August 25, 2018. DEADLINE for registration is July 27 and is to be completed online @ www.sat.org/register If you are Free and Reduced Lunch, check with Ms. Nietfeld regarding a SAT test FEE WAIVER

If you are a registered bus rider and you plan to ride the bus NEXT year, please see Aunty Maile for your new handbook and application. The Hawaii State Department of Education strongly encourages current bus riders to pre-register as early as possible by submitting a completed bus pass application form to the school office before Thursday,May 31, 2018.

Kahoali’i, please turn in your volleyball uniform to the office.

This is a REMINDER to have your LUNCH and BREAKFAST Tickets handy when you want to be served. Too many chances are being taken, so now there are no chances!!

Seniors…….12 school days til    Graduation!!

Underclassmen…………….17 school days til summer!!

Teachers………..18 work days til summer!!

Right on!!!!!