May 10, 2018

Did you know that track and field events include more than just running? Although there are running events like sprints, hurdles, long distance, and relays; there are also other events like shot put, discus, long jump, and triple jump! Any student interested in participating in the track team next school year in the spring of the 2018-2019 school year should sign the interest form in the office to get a count. Track is a great way to improve yourself and have fun! Please sign the interest form in the office to ensure we can have a team next year!

Congratulations to next years class officers. The Senior Class President will be Kayleen Cordeiro and the Vice President will be Reyanna Savedra. The Junior Class President will be Danyka Cazimero-Roxburgh, the Vice President will be Kailee Paro, the Secretary will be Jada Hook and the Treasurer will be Kalia Emeliano. The Sophomore Class President will be Clyson Igarashi-Marquez.

The following seniors need to turn in their Graduation Agreement to Ms. Ubilas: Caylah Carvalho, Marvelanne Clark, Johnnette Emeliano, Whitley Francisco, J Sean Giron, Cayshen Laau Silva Mahi, Andrew Pale, Keoni Tavares Matsuda, Dayton Torres-Salvador. If you need another copy of the Agreement form, please see Mr. Chertavian.

Seniors, Graduation and your last day at Kohala High School are right around the corner. Please make sure that your lockers are cleaned and emptied out by the end of school on Wednesday, May 23. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 23rd, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to walk at graduation until that fee is paid.

All 10th and 11th grade students in the English 100 Summer course, you have been asked to attend a Hawaii Community College Orientation / Registration meeting with the HCC Outreach Specialist on this Tuesday, May 15 during Period 7 (1:00) in Room 19. You will receive a pass from Ms. Nietfeld to attend. Mahalo!

Congratulations to 5 of our Kohala High students who were selected as Kohala’s “Salute to Graduates” honorees in the following categories: Scholastics: Naomi Ney, Athletics: CJ Agbayani, Information Technology: Kaid Nickl, Literary and Performing Arts: Miranda Canniff, and Leadership: Cheyenne Fuertes. These five students will be honored at the “Salute to Graduates Luncheon on Saturday, May 12 at the Grand Naniloa Hotel along with other top five students from each high school on the Big Island. Congratulations to all!

JUNIORS: It is time to register for the College Board SAT Test being administered at Kohala High on August 25, 2018. DEADLINE for registration is July 27 and is to be completed online @ www.sat.org/register. If you are Free and Reduced Lunch, check with Ms. Nietfeld regarding a SAT test FEE WAIVER

Attention Bus Riders: If you are a registered bus rider and you plan to ride the bus NEXT year, please see Aunty Maile for your new handbook and application. The Hawaii State Department of Education strongly encourages current bus riders to pre-register as early as possible by submitting a completed bus pass application form to the school office before Thursday,May 31, 2018.

Kahoali’i, turn in your volleball uniform NOW>

This is a REMINDER to have your LUNCH and BREAKFAST Tickets handy when you want to be served. Too many chances are being taken, so now there are no chances!!

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

“LEND ME YOUR EAR, AND I’LL SING YOU A SONG…with a little help from my FRIENDS! Kohala High School Music Students will be presenting a concert of mostly pop music on Thursday, May 17th at 6:30 pm at the HUB barn in downtown Hawi. Vocal students will be singing songs by Adele, Imagine Dragons, Eric Clapton, Joy Vance, Beatles, and others. Admission to the concert is free.

Attention Driver’s Ed students. Make up for Tuesday’s cancelled Driver’s Ed class will be next week Friday.   You also must attend both Monday and Thursday afternoon classes next week. Any absences may result in you being removed from the Driver’s Ed program.

Attention Leo Club members. Our end of the year Leo celebration has been changed to the 22nd of May. The 17th was cancelled due to AP testing in the library.

Seniors…….10 school days til Graduation!!

Underclassmen…………….15 school days til summer!!

Teachers………..16 work days til summer!!

Well, all right!!!!!