May 11, 2018

Congratulations to next year’s class officers. The Senior Class President will be Kayleen Cordeiro and the Vice President will be Reyanna Savedra. The Junior Class President will be Danyka Cazimero-Roxburgh, the Vice President will be Kailee Paro, the Secretary will be Jada Hook and the Treasurer will be Kalia Emeliano. The Sophomore Class President will be Clyson Igarashi-Marquez.

The following seniors need to turn in their Graduation Agreement to Ms. Ubilas: Caylah Carvalho, Marvelanne Clark, Johnnette Emeliano, Whitley Francisco, Cayshen Laau Silva Mahi, Andrew Pale, Keoni Tavares Matsuda, Dayton Torres-Salvador. If you need another copy of the Agreement form, please see Mr. Chertavian.

Seniors, Graduation and your last day at Kohala High School are right around the corner. Please make sure that your lockers are cleaned and emptied out by the end of school on Wednesday, May 23. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 23rd, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to walk at graduation until that fee is paid.

All 10th and 11th grade students in the English 100 Summer course, you have been asked to attend a Hawaii Community College Orientation / Registration meeting with the HCC Outreach Specialist on this Tuesday, May 15 during Period 7 (1:00) in Room 19. You will receive a pass from Ms. Nietfeld to attend. Mahalo!

Congratulations to 5 of our Kohala High students who were selected as Kohala’s “Salute to Graduates” honorees in the following categories: Scholastics: Naomi Ney, Athletics: CJ Agbayani, Information Technology: Kaid Nickl, Literary and Performing Arts: Miranda Canniff, and Leadership: Cheyenne Fuertes. These five students will be honored at the “Salute to Graduates Luncheon on Saturday, May 12 at the Grand Naniloa Hotel along with other top five students from each high school on the Big Island. Congratulations to all!

JUNIORS: It is time to register for the College Board SAT Test being administered at Kohala High on August 25, 2018. DEADLINE for registration is July 27 and is to be completed online @ www.sat.org/register If you are Free and Reduced Lunch, check with Ms. Nietfeld regarding a SAT test FEE WAIVER.

Attention Bus Riders: If you are a registered bus rider and you plan to ride the bus NEXT year, please see Aunty Maile for your new handbook and application. The Hawaii State Department of Education strongly encourages current bus riders to pre-register as early as possible by submitting a completed bus pass application form to the school office before Thursday,May 31, 2018.

The following Boys Volleyball players pls. turn in your uniforms to the office: Kahoali’i.

This is a REMINDER to have your LUNCH and BREAKFAST Tickets handy when you want to be served. Too many chances are being taken, so now there are no chances!!

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

“LEND ME YOUR EAR, AND I’LL SING YOU A SONG……….with a little help from my FRIENDS! Kohala High school Music Students will be presenting a concert of mostly pop music Thursday, May 17th at 6:30 pm at the HUB barn in downtown Hawi. Vocal students will be singing solos by Adele, Imagine Dragons, Eric Clapton, Joy Vance, Beatles, and others. Admission to the concert is free.

Attention Leo club members: If you are interested in being a Leo club officer next school year, please see Mr. Kealoha for more information and application. We will be electing a president, vice-president, treasurer, and secretary for the new school year.

Attention Driver’s Ed students. Make up for Tuesday’s cancelled Driver’s Ed class will be next week Friday.   You also must attend both Monday and Thursday afternoon classes next week. Any absences may result in you being removed from the Driver’s Ed program.

Attention Leo Club members. Our end of the year Leo celebration has been changed to the 22nd of May. The 17th was cancelled due to AP testing in the library.

Seniors…….9 school days til    Graduation!!

Underclassmen…………….14 school days til summer!!

Teachers………..15 work days til summer!!

Well all right!!!!!