May 14, 2018

The following seniors need to turn in their Graduation Agreement to Ms. Ubilas: Caylah Carvalho, Marvelanne Clark, Johnnette Emeliano, Whitley Francisco, Cayshen Laau Silva Mahi, Andrew Pale, Keoni Tavares Matsuda, Dayton Torres-Salvador. If you need another copy of the Agreement form, please see Mr. Chertavian.

Seniors, Graduation and your last day at Kohala High School are right around the corner. Please make sure that your lockers are cleaned and emptied out by the end of school on Wednesday, May 23. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 23rd, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to walk at graduation until that fee is paid.

All 10th and 11th grade students in the English 100 Summer course, you have been asked to attend a Hawaii Community College Orientation / Registration meeting with the HCC Outreach Specialist on this Tuesday, May 15 during Period 7 (1:00) in Room 19. You will receive a pass from Ms. Nietfeld to attend. Mahalo!

JUNIORS: It is time to register for the College Board SAT Test. being administered at Kohala High on August 25, 2018. DEADLINE for registration is July 27 and is to be completed online @ www.sat.org/register If you are Free and Reduced Lunch, check with Ms. Nietfeld regarding a SAT test FEE WAIVER

Attention Bus Riders: If you are a registered bus rider and you plan to ride the bus NEXT year, please see Aunty Maile for your new handbook and application. The Hawaii State Department of Education strongly encourages current bus riders to pre-register as early as possible by submitting a completed bus pass application form to the school office before Thursday, May 31, 2018.

Kahoali’i, please turn in your Volleyball uniform to the office.

This is a REMINDER to have your LUNCH and BREAKFAST Tickets handy when you want to be served. Too many chances are being taken, so now there are no chances!!

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

2018 Yearbook sales begin today at Room 34 during morning recess and lunchtime and just brunch recess on Wednesdays. The cost is $60 cash only and no denomination larger than $20. The book is 100 pages, 8 more than last year!

Students who purchased presale yearbooks may pick up at the makai side door of room 34. When you have picked up or purchased a book be sure you check it carefully before you write in it. Keep track of your own book…lost or missing books will not be replaced. Mahalo for you support!

Kohala High School would like to thank Mrs. Jennifer Marlowe, our school Behavioral Health Specialist, for all of her hard work supporting students and staff over the last 13 years. At the end of the month Mrs. Marlowe will be leaving the 50th state to move to Florida with her husband. She has been an institution here at Kohala High and has helped so many students build healthy relationships, resilience and other critical skills they need to become productive young adults. Her last day on campus is Friday, May 18. Thank you for your love and dedication to our keiki, Mrs. Marlowe. YOU WILL BE MISSED!

“LEND ME YOUR EAR, AND I’LL SING YOU A SONG……….with a little help from my FRIENDS! Kohala High School Music Students will be presenting a concert of mostly pop music on Thursday, May 17th at 6:30 pm at the HUB barn in downtown Hawi. Vocal students will be singing solos by Adele, Imagine Dragons, Eric Clapton, Joy Vance, Beatles, and others. Admission to the concert is free.

Attention Leo club members: If you are interested in being a Leo club officer next school year, please see Mr. Kealoha for more information and application. We will be electing a president, vice-president, treasurer, and secretary for the new school year.

Attention Driver’s Ed students. Make up for Tuesday’s cancelled Driver’s Ed class will be next week Friday.   You also must attend both Monday and Thursday afternoon classes next week. Any absences may result in you being removed from the Driver’s Ed program.

Attention Leo Club members. Our end of the year Leo celebration has been changed to the 22nd of May.

Seniors…….8 school days til Graduation!!

Underclassmen…………….13 school days til summer!!

Teachers………..14 work days til summer!!

Well all right!!!!!