May 21, 2018

Start turning in your parking passes to Aunty Julie. If you don’t it will be an obligation. If you lost it a $5.00 obligation will be issued in your name.

Seniors, Graduation and your last day at Kohala High School are right around the corner. Please make sure that your lockers are cleaned and emptied out by the end of school on Wednesday, May 23. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 23rd, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to walk at graduation until that fee is paid.

Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors: the last day of school is quickly approaching which means its time to start clearing out your lockers. Please have your lockers cleaned and emptied by the end of school on Wednesday May 30. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 30th you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to pick up your class schedule for next school year until that fee is paid.

Attention all class officers, we will be having our final officer meeting for the year on Wednesday during brunch recess in Ms. Ubilas room. Please be prompt.

The University of Hawaii Community Colleges will offer a time-limited scholarship opportunity for 2018 public high school graduates with dual credit. UH Community Colleges will provide a $100 scholarship for books and school supplies to 2018 Hawai’i public high school graduates who:

• participated in dual credit programs (enrolled in a Spring 2018 course and/or earned credit previously);
  • enroll at a UH community college campus; and
  • register for Fall 2018 classes by June 15, 2018.

Eligible students will receive the scholarship offer via a letter to their home address and email by mid-May

Seniors: remember to complete your FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST for the college / university that you plan to attend. The Transcript Requests are available with Ms. Nietfeld or Mr. Hashimoto. All colleges REQUIRE this to be completed.

The Senior Banquet to honor the graduating Class of 2018 students and parents/guardians will be held in the Kohala High School Cafeteria on Wednesday, May 23rd at 6:00 PM. Each Senior will be allowed two (2) guests. Reminder also that students and their families will be asked to provide the following meal items for the potluck:

Main Course: Students in Mr. Chen and Mrs. Pasco’s Advisory

Rice and Salad: Students in Mr. Kealoha’s Advisory

Dessert: Students in Ms. Tanaka’s Advisory

Ice, Drinks and Paper Goods: Students in Mr. Chertavian’s Advisory

Athletes (Male and Female) interested in joining the Cross Country team for next Fall, there will be a meeting during BRUNCH RECESS on Wednesday, May 23 in Room 19.

Attention Bus Riders: If you are a registered bus rider and you plan to ride the bus NEXT year, please see Aunty Maile for your new handbook and application. The Hawaii State Department of Education strongly encourages current bus riders to pre-register as early as possible by submitting a completed bus pass application form to the school office before Thursday, May 31, 2018.

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

Congratulations to the SCU Officers & Board Members for the 2018-2019 school year:

PRESIDENT:           Dawstin Ho’opai

VICE PRESIDENT: Angelique Kokal

SECRETARY:          Shania Fuertes

TREASURER:         Isaiah Salvador

BOARD MEMBERS: Mitchell Canniff, Donovan Emeliano, Mia Fuertes, Kaya Galan, Christian Guerpo, Jasmine Hook, Cheylin Imai, Joseph Jimenez, Mark Sahagun, Destiny Souze, and Gabrielle Tomas.

Mandatory meeting on today for all current and incoming officers & Board members in Ms. Kise’s room during lunch recess. Please be prompt.

Yearbooks are still on sale this week. $50 for “Written In Gold” 2018. If you paid $60 last week, see Mrs. Hoy for your $10 refund.

Presold Books still to be picked up: Treyson-Allan Altura Cazimero, Zhane Ellazar-Ching, Kara Fernandez, Jena Santiago-Alameda, Elijah Antonio, Curtni Maria, Zachary Evangelista, Haven Botelho-Rivera, Dawstin Hoopai, Sakura Remsen, John Ashlie T Nicolas, Augustus Skeleton, Keoni Tavares Matsuda.

Seniors…….3 school days til    Graduation!!

Underclassmen…………….8 school days til summer!

Teachers………..9 work days til summer!!

Well all right!!!!!