May 23, 2018

Congratulations to Nicole Castillo!! She is this year’s recipient for the John Kometani Science Award. Pls. see Mr. Douglas for your prize.

AP Biology for next year? Mr. Douglas needs to see all AP Biology students who plan to take the course next year. AP Bio is a great course for anyone considering a career in Science or Medicine.

Start turning in your parking passes to Aunty Julie. If you don’t it will be an obligation. If you lost it a $5.00 obligation will be issued in your name.

Seniors, Graduation and your last day at Kohala High School are right around the corner. Please make sure that your lockers are cleaned and emptied out by the end of school today. If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to walk at graduation until that fee is paid.

Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors: the last day of school is quickly approaching which means its time to start clearing out your lockers. Please have your lockers cleaned and emptied by the end of school on Wednesday May 30.   If your locker is not cleared out by the end of the school day on the 30th you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee and will be unable to pick up your class schedule for next school year until that fee is paid.

Attention all class officers, we will be having our final officer meeting for the year today during brunch recess in Ms. Ubilas room. Please be prompt.

Seniors: University of Hawaii Community Colleges will offer a time-limited scholarship opportunity for 2018 public high school graduates with dual credit.

UH Community Colleges will provide a $100 scholarship for books and school supplies to 2018 Hawai’i public high school graduates who:

• participated in dual credit programs (enrolled in a Spring 2018 course and/or earned credit previously);
  • enroll at a UH community college campus; and
  • register for Fall 2018 classes by June 15, 2018.

Eligible students will receive the scholarship offer via a letter to their home address and email by mid-May.

Seniors: remember to complete your FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST for the college / university that you plan to attend. The Transcript Requests are available with Ms. Nietfeld or Mr. Hashimoto. All colleges REQUIRE this to be completed.

GRADUATING CLASS of 2018…the Senior Banquet ,to honor students and parents / guardians, will be held in the Kohala High School Cafeteria today at 6:00 PM.    Each Senior will be allowed two (2) guests. Reminder also that students and their families will be asked to provide the following meal items for the potluck.

Main Course: Students in Mr. Chen and Ms. Pasco’s Advisory

Rice and Salad: Students in Mr. Kealoha’s Advisory

Dessert: Students in Ms. Tanaka’s Advisory

Ice, Drinks and Paper Goods: Students in Mr. Chertavian’s Advisory

Athletes (Male and Female) interested in joining the Cross Country team for next Fall, there will be a meeting during BRUNCH RECESS today in Room 19.

Attention Bus Riders: If you are a registered bus rider and you plan to ride the bus NEXT year, please see Aunty Maile for your new handbook and application. The Hawaii State Department of Education strongly encourages current bus riders to pre-register as early as possible by submitting a completed bus pass application form to the school office before Thursday, May 31, 2018.

STUDENTS AND TEACHERS:

The Student Credit Union will be closed for the rest of the school year.

Seniors…….1 school days til    Graduation!!

Underclassmen…………….6 school days til summer!!

Teachers………..7 work days til summer!!

aaawww!!!!!