Freshmen’s First Year of High School!

Arwen Hasegawa, Reporter

I know the first week of high school can be frightening, but you’ll get used to it and it’ll eventually be like normal day at school. I’m a sophomore now, but my first year of high school was pretty stressful and frightening because you’re in a school filled with people older than you while you’re the “youngest” there. We all know that being the youngest in the school isn’t fun.

I asked a few freshmen around school about their first week of high school. Wai said, “School was pretty good. I got to see people I love. Very entertaining.” Our new student Jera said, “This school is very different from what I thought it would be. It’s way smaller than I’m used to, but I’ll adjust.” Everyone is different, some people’s first week of high school could be bad, good, great, or just alright.

Just remember that it’s not the end of the world. You still have a whole year to get used to how high school works and to make new friends with the upperclassmen. High school is a great opportunity to make new friends and to find a great college for you to go to. Remember this, with the right people, asking teachers for help, turning in all your work on time, high school will be piece of cake. Enjoy high school now because once high school is finished, the real world is waiting for you.