Kohala High students participate in “Kohala’s Got Talent”

Daryl Diaz

Around twenty talented children and adults shared a variety of entertainment judged by three local celebrity guests. The One Holistic Place organization held its first major fundraising event on Dec. 9 at Luke’s in Hawi.    The event promoted awareness about chronic illness prevention and presented a new model of health care that provides holistic health camps for Hawaiian adults. Four Kohala High students participated in the event. One student got 3rd place from the children’s group or performers and one was a celebrity judge of Kohala.

C.J Yamamoto, senior, participated as a judge last friday. He says he was glad to see different types of performances, such as dancing, singing, stand up comedy, and more. “I was glad the performers shared their wonderful talents with the North Kohala Community!”

Deja Ramos, junior, also had a great time at the talent show. She liked that the judges gave her feedback. “The judges gave a lot of good constructive criticism. They gave me pointers and tips to better myself and let me know what I could work on to improve.”

After the performances everyone continued to have a good time with dancing to a local band that played reggae. The students from Kohala High who were involved are excited for next year. “Hopefully there will be another [Kohala’s Got Talent] show. It was a lot of fun,” Ramos concludes.