Kohala Cowboys: Seniors “Last Pass”

Kohala+Cowboys+Seniors+%28from+left+to+right%29%2C+%2345+Dayten+James-Foree%2C+%239+John+Nicolas%2C+%2377+Tommy+Rios%2C+%2382+Jonard+Asencion%2C+%2368+Keola+Dewitt+on+their+last+home+game.+
Kohala Cowboys Seniors (from left to right), #45 Dayten James-Foree, #9 John Nicolas, #77 Tommy Rios, #82 Jonard Asencion, #68 Keola Dewitt on their last home game.

Jonard Asencion

Jonard Asencion

Jonard Asencion, reporter

The Kohala Cowboys played their last home game for the season against the Ka’u Trojans and although it ended in a loss, the Kohala Cowboys did much better compared to their last game against the Pahoa Daggers. Sadly, it was also the seniors last home game on the field and Head Coach Chad Atkins decided that as a farewell send off, he’ll start a new tradition for our senior football players with a last pass. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any footage of the seniors last pass, but I was their to experience it and I couldn’t have felt more proud of myself even though I missed the first throw.

I interviewed some of our seniors.  John said that, “Even though it was my first last home game, I had fun.” Tommy said, “I was in crutches for the past 2 weeks. Sucks that I couldn’t play this game but I’m happy that I was there to catch my last pass. I should’ve caught the ball with my crutches.” Keola said, “I worked hard, I did the best I could and I’m a little beat up here and there, but I’m happy to have played my senior game with such a good team.”

Good job to our seniors and to the rest of the Kohala Cowboys. It may be their last home game, but not their last season game. If you want to see more of the Kohala Cowboys, catch them at their next game when they go against Pahoa, this Saturday September 22nd at Kea’au Field.