Is advanced math useful?

Kailee Paro, Reporter

In every high school I understand the circumstance of taking three years of math courses for a requirement to graduate, but is it really relevant to use advanced math equations when it comes to our daily lives in the future?  Basic math problems such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is very useful when we are out of high school on our own and it will be needed when it comes to paying bills, etc.

In my opinion, algebra 1 at the moment is needed, depending on our career, because most jobs include adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying and even fractions for measurements.  But when will we ever use any form of geometry, trigonometry, etc in a career option?  Maybe there is jobs out there that does involve using those solutions but it is honestly very unlikely.

Teachers do get upset at us when it takes us so long to try and understand something, which I can get depending on the problem.  Math is a subject that some people get it, and some people don’t, which is a situation that some teachers should be lenient for.  This subject is probably my weakest subject and I know my teachers sometimes get upset at me because we have been over it many times, but you can’t blame me when there is multiple ways to solve it but I am not sure the wrong and right way that they are looking for.  It is a very difficult subject that I believe is mostly not relevant to most individuals.