Life In the Philippines

Jonard Asencion, Reporter

The Philippines or what most people call it, the Motherland. It’s home to many Filipinos, living on over 7,000 islands from the north to the south. There’s much to explore in the Philippines; it’s much bigger than expected, but I’m sure you already know that.

The flight alone is about ten hours and road trips can take about an hour, maybe four, depending on where you’re going.  It’s a very crowded country where it’s mostly smoggy, traffic is a hassle, road rules barely apply, and everyone’s always hustling to get somewhere. On some mornings, you can smell burning trash and motor fumes. It’s considered normal, the scent of the Philippines. Others call it a major health issue; they’re not wrong. Just getting to school can be a long trek depending on how far away they live considering they have to walk there.

Most people in the Philippines have good welcoming hospitality. They can be friendly and very helpful  or just irritating chumps. Besides all of that, the Philippines is an interesting place, with all its majestic views, tourist sites, historic landmarks, huge mega malls, and much more. I recommend everyone to at least get the chance to visit this wondrous country because it has a lot to offer and like the people there say “it’s more fun in the Philippines.”

(Ayusan Norte – Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines)
Night Life on Historical Streets

(Bay City, Pasay, Philippines) Metro Manila’s, Mall Of Asia a.k.a MoA

(Monasterio de Tarlac) Mountain View looking over Tarlac Province