“Blow Away HPA” a Success

CJ Yamamoto

Class spirit was incredible this year, with the freshman class of 2015 coming in last place with a total of 426.1 points. The Freshman had more spirit than ever.  They won the messy Marshmallow race game and the Na Ali’i not only won the mattress race, they also placed second in the Tug-of-War. They also came in second with a strong male powderpuff dance and were 2nd place with their class float. Good job freshmen!

In 3rd place overall we have the class of 2014 sophomores with a strong intention to do well with the dress up days and they had a wonderful Male choreography dance.  Their great participation in noontime games pushed them up to a total of 430.9 points.

Earning second place was the class of 2013 juniors.  The Cobras took second place with a total of 520.6 points, they took 1st place in homecoming float competition with 129pts and scored highest in 4 out of 5 dress up days.

In 1st place we have the senior class of 2012 with a total of 571.1 points. The Jaguars dominated much of the spirit week. The seniors had  strong participation during the dress up days, they won the Tug-of-War, the banner design contest, and even won the girls basketball game. They also won the male choreography and ended with a little remix to the traditional Kohala High School spirit yell.

Kohala High STUCO would like to send a special mahalo to the wonderful judges that took there time to join us at the parade to judge the beautiful floats, and the teachers and staff in school for always helping throughout Homecoming Spirit Week.