Remembering 9/11

Yuki Zbytovsky, Reporter

Tuesday was a day to remember the lives that were lost during the tragedy that occurred in New York City on September 11, 2001. We honor nearly 3000 of the lives of innocent men and women who were taken from this world too soon and commemorate them for their bravery to protect our country. 9/11 is a day to remember the moment of shocking distress and how precious our lives are. In memorial of this day, Kohala High School passed out patriotic pencils and had a moment of silence during the morning bulletin. But not only shall we think of them on that day, but we should all remember every day that the lives we live now are thanks to the bravery and heroism of the policemen, firemen, paramedics, troops, and even ordinary citizens who have risked and sacrificed their lives to protect ours.

Despite the devastation, 9/11 also shows that our country can get back up on its feet and that we can join together in unison to overcome all of the hate that was thrown upon us. Looking back to what happened and observing the United States today, we have taken a huge leap away from the devastation and tragedy.  We will never forget September 11th 2001 as one of the darkest periods of time for America, but a definite feeling on pride has grown out of this catastrophe. We will definitely remember our heroes who came out of the attacks and the ones who did not. They will always remain on our minds and in our hearts; never to be forgotten.