Kohala High offers many extra-curricular activities

Rachel Vujovich, Reporter

Here at Kohala High School, we are lucky to have so many enriching extra-curricular activities available to students. Extra-curricular activities are great for college applications and also for developing skills used later in life.

-Robotics: Robotics consists of three programs: Vex, FIRST, and Botball. With these three programs, students can expect a challenging environment (there will be many competitions!) where they can learn elements of mechanics, programming, and documentation.

-Speech Club: In Speech, by participating in interscholastic events, you will be able to earn merit points toward “Achievement Degrees.” Students who join can expect to find their niche in communication and documentation. There will be eleven different speech/debate events and a State Camp on Oahu in April. English teacher, Ms. Fern White, leads both of these programs.

-Drama Club: Drama is an exciting club that helps students “open up” and become a more extroverted person. They can participate in games that will advance their ability to memorize and communicate with others. One performance will be held each quarter; performances such as musicals, plays, and showcases.

-Planet Pioneers: Planet Pioneers is a program that mentors students into becoming leaders that will innovate and lead the journey to transform Hawaii. In this program, you will strive to increase awareness of sustainability and exchange valuable information with community residents and stakeholders to develop a sustainable future.

Here in Kohala, we should take advantage of the programs that are offered at our school because we should develop our many skills before we graduate in order to have the best life we can have. The world is what we make of it, so let’s enrich ourselves as much as possible in the now.