Having a Ball at Winter Ball

Yuki Zbytovsky, Reporter

This past Friday,December 7th, Kohala High School had their annual winter ball at the Hapuna Prince Hotel. Approximately 90 students attended this dance and express that it was great fun. Student Alohi Tolentino says “My favorite Part was that we all had a great time and everyone who was there stayed positive. The Winter Ball court looked amazing did an awesome job with the dance and it was very cute!”

The 2013 Winter Ball court performed to the song “Never Found A Love Like This” by Natasha Bedingfield which was also the theme of the Ball. With a flair of spins and twirls, they caught the fun and sweet essence of  the song. The court looked great and all of the other students who went looked stunning. From going to school in a lazy Pajama outfit for spirit week, to making an amazing transformation into elegant and handsome students, some people were barely recognizable.

The Ball Lasted from approximately 6:00 to 10:30 pm. With a good four hours of dancing and having fun, the students were satisfied and tired on the ride home. But an energetic student, Sariah Mederios makes a comment about the DJ and dancing. “The DJ was great! I had so much fun dancing with my friends for about 4 hours straight.”  She says, “I wish it lasted longer I didn’t want to go home.” Clearly the seniors of Kohala High who went had an amazing final Winter Ball and the rest of the students look forward to next year.