Cowboys go for the win in basketball

Cowboys go for the win in basketball

Yuki Zbotvsky, Reporter

The Kohala Cowboys basketball team hosted HPA on Wednesday, January 9th at Hisaoka Gym for a very exciting and high tension game. Kohala’s students and citizens were all looking forward to this event,  especially the players. Anxious with nervousness and excitement, both JV and Varsity players were quite worried about the outcome of the game. They all reminded each other to keep their calm and to not choke up. Varsity Basketball player Chance Pang said, “I was so nervous! But it felt good that I had my teammate’s support and that they were trying to comfort me. Even if they were all nervous themselves!”

But Chance and all of the other varsity players really did have a reason to be nervous. Kohala and HPA were constantly on each other’s backs through the whole game. Many fouls were called as the players were getting quite rough with the building need to pull ahead of their opponent. In the end, thanks to a successful penalty shot, Kohala pulled ahead by one point with three seconds left on the clock. The final score was 52-51 for the varsity game with our Cowboys claiming the victory.

For the Boys Junior Varsity, Kohala went for the win again in a great game. The final score for them was 23-12.