Congratulations Basketball Girls!

Senior Sheana Cazimero drives to the basket past Kona defenders.

Yuki Zbotvsky, Reporter

Congratulations to our Varsity Basketball players for making it through the long journey all the way to states. Kohala’s Girl Basketball teams have not attended the state championships since 1980; this is a major breakthrough for our school as a whole. All of the girls worked tremendously hard and  trained nearly every day to get to this point. The hard work payed off in an intense game against HPA, in which our girls came out triumphant and advanced them to the state level.

The players include Leigh-Ann Rivera, Mohala Kaholoa’a-Kumukoa, Jessica Tenorio, Tezrah Antonio, Sheana Cazimero, Hauoli Sproat-Lancaster, Briana Harrison, Na’ai Solomon-Lewis, and Andi Amar. Their team manager is Brittney Kanoa and she will also be accompanying them on their trip.

“I’m so excited to go!” Freshman Varsity Basketball Player Jessica Tenorio stated, “I’m sure that even if we don’t get the title, all of the girls will be proud of themselves for getting this far. I know I will!”

The team is filled with energy and anticipation to play another game, this time on Oahu. The girls leave for the state Championships on Tuesday, February 5th, before returning on Saturday with news on how they did to share with their classmates.

.