Kohala Receives Bronze for Education

Yuki Zbytovsky, Reporter

us-news-world-reportAmong 65 public schools in Hawaii, Kohala High School received a bronze medal for the National Rankings of the Best High Schools along with 9 other schools in the state. Being a small school from a small town receiving an award for being one of the best High Schools in the nation is an tremendous accomplishment. The award was followed with an article on usnews.com that included Kohala High alongside larger schools such as McKinley and Campbell. Most of the schools that were recognized for this achievement are much bigger, averaging about one thousand students and have many more resources. Even then, Kohala is considered to be just as good as them and even better than some.

Kohala would not have been able to come this far without the hard work an cooperation of the teachers, students, and Mrs. Snelling the principal of our school. The teachers for all of their hours and hard work that they put in to educate the students as best as thy can and many who stayed in after school or at recesses to help students who were having trouble. We also must thank the students for trying their best during testing and working hard to achieve their goals in school. Most of all we have to take time thank Principal Snelling for her hard work, organization, and passion for making this school the best that it can be. She works very hard to ensure that the students are getting the best education that Kohala High School can offer. She spends many hours thinking of ideas and ways to make it a place where it is easy for its students to learn.

The other Schools along with Kohala High School that were included were, President William McKinley High School, Pahoa High &amp; Intermediate School, Mililani High School, King Kekaulike High School, Keaau High School, Kealakehe High School, Kalani High School, James Campbell High School, and Educaion Laboratory Public Charter School.<a href=”http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/hawaii/districts/hawaii-public-schools/president-william-mckinley-high-school-6169″>
</a>

For More information on this topic, Please visit http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools