Homecoming Has Changed

Mohala Kaholaa Kumukoa, Reporter

This year they haven’t planned out homecoming for STUCO because no one wanted to be the leader. No one wanted to be a chair person because they know how stressful it will be to take control over everything. Homecoming is one of our biggest events at Kohala High School. Our STUCO leadership class didn’t really plan it, but our teacher Ms.White took over. Ms. White looked at the basketball schedule and saw that the boys only had one Saturday game for the whole season. What the leadership class found out is that she couldn’t make it that week because she was busy that week and had others things to do. So that means we might not have a Homecoming parade this year.

What happened was she went to go talk to our Athletic Director Ms. Lourie Koustik to see if we can change the girls game and the boys so there can be a Homecoming on a Saturday. Then the girls senior night game can be on a Friday before homecoming.

So what I have been hearing is that we changed the schedule for girls and boys basketball. That way we can have a Homecoming parade and a game on Saturday night. Girls basketball plays against Honokaa at home on Friday January 24, 2013 and boys basketball plays against Waiakea at Kamehameha park on Saturday January 25, 2013.