Student Credit Union Updates

Kassie Kometani, Editor

The month of December is a busy one for Kohala’s Student Credit Union. They have several events coming up next month such as Christmas Caroling, Financial Literacy class, and Toys For Tots. The Christmas Caroling is annual event where the SCU visits the Kohala Hospital and sings to the patients. It is scheduled for December 18 around 1:00 and sign-ups are posted in the Business Room at school. All the patients heartily enjoy the singing and the SCU is hoping to get a good turnout this year. Financial Literacy Class is also an annual event hosted by the Credit Union. It is a free class offered to all members of the Student Credit Union to teach them about financial topics. Last year students learned how to write and balance checks, apply for loans, and about budgeting. The classes runs for three days and are scheduled during winter break on December 23, 30, and January 6. Students are encouraged to go as they learn useful information on topics they will need to deal with in the future. Space is limited to sign up in the Business Room soon. A volunteer project that the SCU has scheduled is Toys For Tots. The event will be held at the Hisaoka Gym on December 21 and the SCU was asked to help sort toys. Sign-ups for this are also available in the Computer Room so put your name down soon!