Senior Spotlights Girls Basketball

Mohala Kaholoaa-Kumukoa, Reporter

Our first and last game of the year. There are only three seniors on the team. We try to get more girls to play, but they didn’t want to because senior year is stressful. The three girls are Mohala Kaholoaa-Kumukoa, Hauoli Sproat-Lancaster, and Leign-Ann Rivera. Not  too much but it’s worth it because we have a team.

We almost didn’t have a J.V. team because we didn’t have enough girls coming out, but its good to have a J.V. team for next year. We know thereʻs a lot going on senior year with a lot of college stuff to worry about and our PTP is due, not to mention a lot of homework for our other classes.

It’s the time of the year when everyone is  slacking because itʻs almost Christmas and a new year. Everyone is looking forward to this two week break! Well, I know I am. What I think about this is who ever plays sports as a senior is very strong because it shows you want to play even though you have so much work to do in school and keep up with your grades. You need to keep up your grades in order to play. These girls work twice as hard because without that good grade you can’t play and no sense play if you can’t keep up with your grades.

Anyways, what I think about my first and last basketball game is, I’m so excited and sad at the same time because I’m going to miss playing basketball in my home gym even through I have couple games left of season. I’m going to miss playing with the underclassmen. Wish them luck for next year and play hard and don’t give up.

Hauoli Sproat- Lancaster says, “My first and last game went good for me. We played against Keaau; the score was 60-42 . We took that win in our home game with a lot of support cheering for us. I’m sad that I’m leaving this year, but I hope that my cousin Na’i Lewis plays hard next year without me by her side. I want to say just play with all your heart.”

Leign-Ann Rivera said, “I’m happy that I decided to play this year. My mother almost told me I couldn’t play, but I convinced her in letting me play because it’s my last year in high school. I don’t want to regret not playing when I get older and wish I later that I did play in high school. I kept asking her and she finally told me yes. She didn’t want me to play basketball because I barely got to play last year, and she didn’t like that at all. Therefore I made the team with all this struggle I had to get on the team. What I thought about my first home and last game is it was the best for me because I got to play a lot this year. Playing with Mohala and Hauoli is the best feeling ever. They don’t leave me out, they help me through the games and help me along the way.”