Calling all Student Credit Union Members!

Isabel Steinhoff, Reporter

Attention all Student Credit Union members:

Did you know that if you are a student credit union member, you can participate in all the SCU’s events throughout the year? Yup that’s right! If you’re interested, there are a couple things to sign up for this month.

The SCU officers and board members are inviting you to join them in Christmas caroling for the hospital patients at the Kohala Hospital.  They will be going caroling on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 1pm after school. Don’t hesitate to sign up because its okay if you aren’t a professional singer, you don’t have to be! They’ll be singing fun and famous Christmas jingles! Help them spread the Christmas cheer by joining with them and singing your hearts out!

On December 21, 2013 the Toys for Tots event will be held at Kamehameha Park. Toys for Tots is an program for less fortunate kids in the community to be able to experience the joy of Christmas. Throughout the months of November and December, certain places in the community collect new, unwrapped toys and then distribute those toys to the less fortunate children at the Toys for Tots event. The SCU will be volunteering to help that day. They’ll be helping from 10am-1pm. For those of you attending Winterball, it won’t be interfering! The SCU will appreciate you volunteering as well, and so will the kids!

As members you are also eligible to sign up for their annual financial literacy classes during the Christmas break.  In the past financial literacy classes the students have learned things from loans, credit scores, debit cards, shared branching, dealing with checks, and much more! They want to encourage ALL SCU members to attend because the classes will be helpful and will have “good to know” information for future references, especially for after high school plans! Just by attending the 3 classes, you’ll receive a participation certificate. The classes will be held on December 23rd, 30th, and January 6th from 9-11 am.

We welcome you all to sign up and have a wonderful holiday season!

If you are interested, sign ups are at the student credit union (computer room) on campus.