Smithsonian Tour looking for more students

A chance for Kohala High students to travel to many of our nation’s most historical and famous landmarks is not one that comes around frequently. So why not seize the opportunity while you can?

During spring break of 2012, Kohala High School students who have signed up for the Smithsonian Student Travel tour to Washington DC, Philadelphia and New York City. Advisor Beldon Kealoha is still encouraging students to sign up before it’s too late or rates increase. The current count for attending students is a meek 5. If a student signs up today, the rate will be $2714 not including inter-island flights. Students from past tours and Mr. Kealoha are being very encouraging in the hopes of increased student interest. The tour will be 8 days and feature a variety of historical and legendary sites. Just a handful of those include Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, the White House, Mount Vernon, a guided tour of Philadelphia and Independence Hall, the Empire State Building, Times Square and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. And that’s not even all of the stops. Other options include a NBA or NHL game at Madison Square Garden and seeing a show on Broadway.

Head advisor Beldon Kealoha said “I encourage any student to go on this for education of course but also as a worthwhile experience. My past experience with the tour has been nothing less than a 4-5 star experience. Kids take away memories, experiences, friends and learn how to work with other students. The whole experience is great for them.”

For more information of the tour, visit: http://www.Smithsonianstudenttravel.com/student-tours/touritinerary.aspx?tourcode=DCQ&touryear=2012

or see Mr. Kealoha at school.