Kohala to the East Coast

Kauanoe Gusman, Reporter

Spring break is long gone, but the memories of three Kohala girls are still thriving today! Two seniors and one sophomore were able to participate in a travel experience all the way on the other side of the country. They met up with two other groups – a small one from Nanakuli, Hawaiʻi, and one from Vancouver, Canada. Although only a little over a week, their time was well spent in many places along the east coast.

The tour group got the opportunity to explore Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. Throughout the different cities, they were able to learn lots of the history of not only those places, but the United States as a country. Besides the learning, the site-seeing was unforgettable. Coming from Kohala, the city life was a new feel and the girls loved it!

Senior Mohala Kaholoaʻa says, “My favorite place was Times Square in New York. It was a city like I’ve never seen before and there was always something for me to look at.”

Manhattan proved to the Kohala girls that Honolulu isn’t a real city, just a glimpse of what’s truly out there. From the freezing cold to the city lights, traveling out of the small town of Kohala was an experience full of fun. Many memories were made that will last a lifetime.