Hectic Prom Day for Athletes!

Genevieve Boyle, Reporter

On April 19, 2014 it will be Kohala High School’s Prom, and it’s also a packed day for Kohala athletics! KHS tennis, track and field, volleyball, softball and baseball are all going to be busy with their matches, games and events. All of the games, matches and meets are away at different parts of the island.

Tennis will start their first round of BIIFS on Thursday, April 17 in Kona at the Holua Courts. The last round of BIIFS will be on Prom day!

Kassie Kometani, a student on the Tennis team and Prom goer said, “It’s the last round of BIIFS and if we win our first game we possibly would have to play two matches that day!”

Track and Field has a meet at Keaau starting at 9:00 AM. As a track runner and prom goer myself, my last event ends around 2:00 PM barely giving me enough time to rush back to Kohala and get ready. It will be an adventure!

Softball will be having a double header against Kamehameha for playoffs that day. The initial time for the games were 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, fortunately they were able to move up the games  to 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM.

Boys volleyball and baseball will be playing at Pahoa that Saturday. Both games are at 10:00 AM. Initially the baseball game was scheduled for 1:00 PM. Luckily adjustments were made for those prom goers!

It will definitely be a very crazy and packed day for all the athletes getting ready for prom. But at the end of the day it will all be worth it because they all will get to have a great time and enjoy their nights dancing and having fun! They’ll all get to get off the courts or field and move onto the dance floor!