Project Grad 2012 Planning Underway

Andrew Trump, Assistant Editor

The planning of Project Grad for Kohala High Seniors is now underway.  Project Grad is an all night celebration for seniors on their graduation night, where they can participate in lots of fun activities. This will be the 3rd year that Kohala High School’s graduating class has held the drug and alcohol free event at Hisaoka Gym.

The Project Grad committee, made up of the parents of the Class of 2012, had their first meeting August 29. This year’s co-chairpersons are Wendy Nickl and Florida Wilson. Students as well as their parents are helping fundraise to make the event a memorable one. Project Grad is a project under the North Kohala Community Resource Center (NKCRC). Since this event is costly, the Senior Class of 2012 along with their parents would like to respectfully ask the community to help out if possible. Here is how people can help.

• During the months of September and October it would be greatly appreciated if people can donate their recyclables (Hi-5 items) to the Hawi Recycling Shed.
  • At the Kohala Country Fair there will be a Project Grad booth selling hotdogs, popcorn, and cotton candy.
  • On an on-going basis people may donate to Project Grad via the North Kohala Community Resource Center. You can donate online at www.northkohala.org or by mail to North Kohala Community Resource Center, P.O. Box 519, Hawi, HI 96719. Checks are payable to “North Kohala Community Resource Center.”(Memo: Project Grad 2012).
  • Throughout the year there will be car washes, bake sales, and other fundraisers to help defray costs.