Senior car wash a huge success

Andrew Trump, Assistant Editor

The senior class of 2012 had a car wash on September 4 to help reach fundraising goals for their Senior Bonding. The seniors were in a bind financially weeks before bonding, which was going to put the class into the red.  With the pressing situation at hand, the class officers booked a last minute car wash in an attempt to cover some of the costs.

Through selling baked goods and a consistent flow of cars coming in, the class was able to raise $1,313.  They more than surpassed their goal of $1000, and the extra money was a blessing because the bus costs for bonding were more than previously expected. The students are all very excited to bond with their class overnight from September 19-20. There are 62 seniors and 5 advisors that will be attending the bonding at Kilauea Military Camp where amenities are provided. Two of the many highly anticipated activities that the seniors can participate in are bowling and an arcade room.

Senior Class President Jenna Nickl said, “I was anxious, I didn’t know how well the car wash was going to go and we needed quite a bit of money. I’m really thankful to the community for being so generous, as well as my fellow classmates and their parents for their hard work.” The entire class of 2012 would like to thank the community for their kokua.