Interested In Traveling To Italy and Greece?

Kiera Javillonar, Reporter

Global awareness is important for children, and traveling is a good way to become globally aware. By experiencing new cultures, students’ eyes will be opened up to the world and prepare them for the future.

Colleges and universities look for international experience on students’ applications to set them apart from other students. Other than education, travel gives students an advantage in the competitive world.

A group of students and teachers from Kohala High School are traveling on an educational tour to the Athens and Sicily in March of 2016. Ms. Jessica Brown, an English teacher at Kohala High School, will be the group leader for this tour. Students will experience new cultures and visit important landmarks such as the Colosseum.

There will be a meeting to discuss this opportunity and to answer any questions on Friday, November 21, 2014 at 6 pm in Ms. Brown’s classroom, N33. If you and your child would like to attend, please RSVP by filling out and having your child return the form which can be picked up from Ms. Brown.

The tour is operated by EF Education Tours. For more information you can go online at http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1628645YT. If you wish, you may enroll your child now; students get $200 off for enrolling early.

If you are interested, please attend the meeting to get a better understanding of this tour. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that not many students get the opportunity to participate in.

You are able to enroll at the meeting, but please remember to bring a method of payment, credit card or check, to pay the enrollment fee of $95.