Summer’s Top Travel Destinations

Zoe Lawrence, Reporter

If you’re like me, you can’t stand to sit around in one place, or on one island, for too long. Most of the students are either taking a holiday this summer or graduating and are quite eager to visit new places and try new things. Travel is one of life’s greatest adventures, and should be experienced as often as possible.
The top picks for interstate travel for the summer of 2015 are as follows:

San Francisco: The Bay Area city best known for its inclusive culture, hospitality and artistic influence, it welcomes travelers with open arms this year. Experience the Californian coast at it’s finest, spend the Fourth of July around Fisherman’s Wharf and stick around for the fireworks over the bay after sunset. The island of Alcatraz is also a recommended destination for those seeking adventure.

New York: The Big Apple is notorious for it’s diverse and intoxicating culture, as well as its fine dining and entertainment. Destinations are best reached by underground subways or by foot, as traffic can become excessively heavy during the city’s rush hours. The Burroughs of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, and The Bronx each hold several notable destinations, and the upstate areas are especially scenic at any time of year.

Chicago: Although the era of Chess Records and the blaze of glory it left in its wake are both long gone, the blues still have a foothold in this remarkable city. The Windy City has many a display of incredible undiscovered talents and abilities, and is host to a slew of clubs and music halls sure to satisfy any blues fanatic.

Maui: Our own neighbor island makes the list as one of the best sun and surf destinations of any summer. The island is home to white sandy beaches and small, tourist centric towns, as well as cities and vast landscapes. The mountainside scenery inspires awe in nearly everybody who sees it. This Hawaiian island has found the perfect moderation of both developed areas and rural landscapes.

Happy travels, Cowboys and Cowgirls! Have a wonderful, adventure packed summer.