Congratulations All Kohala High School Athletes!

Nicole Castillo, Reporter

The annual Kohala High School end of the year year sports banquet took place in the Cafeteria on May 20. The banquet started at 6:00pm and many athletes came with their families to enjoy the delicious food. The athletes and parents got to talk story about their sports memories.

The banquet continued with recognizing the athletes that played any high school sport this year from Cross Country to Boys Volleyball. Each of the coaches stepped up to the KHS podium one at a time to name all of the athletes that played the sport. They then continued to naming Most Valuable Player (MVP) and Most Improved/Inspirational Player (MIP).

To conclude the program Ms. Koustik announced the female and male athlete of the year. The Female Athlete of the Year was Kassie Kometani. Kassie this year qualified for the HHSAA State Championship for her second year for swimming. Kassie has been swimming all four years of high school. Not only that but she also played Tennis for all of her four years. Kassie is a committed when it comes to her athletics and also her school work being one of the Valedictorians of the class of 2015.

The Male Athlete of the year is Ryan “Hana” Caravalho. Playing a sport for every single season this year shows his athleticism. Starting off strong with a good Football season and moving on to an undeafeated regular seson of Basketball and going to compete at the HHSAA state championships, he finished off strong in his last high school sport which was a great season of Boys Volleyball. Kohala High School will miss the athleticism of these two athletes and how they made us proud to be Cowboys & Cowgirls!

E Ala E, Na Paniolo!