Welcome Back Dance – Yay or Nay?

Jashel Jose, Reporter

Kohala High School threw a ‘Welcome Back’ dance at the school cafeteria on August 20th. The purpose of the dance was to welcome the 2015-‘16 school year, but was it a success?

I got to interview a few students that attended the dance. A lot of them enjoyed it, and they had a great time. There’s no concerns about the snacks, or the music that they played. One of them even said that the DJ played better music compared to last school year’s dance.

Students gave positive reviews on the music that they played and the snacks that they prepared. The dance turned out great, and almost everyone had a great time; however, a student complained about the dress code policy. 

“The dance was alright. I can’t really say that I had a good time though. I don’t like the fact that the dress code rules applied. I mean, they can’t expect us to dance in skinny jeans and t-shirt inside a hot, and crowded room!” The [anonymous] attendee complained.

“Okay…some girls might dress a little bit more ‘exposing’ than others, but it’s not like we’re going to dance with our underwears or something! We know how to dress appropriately at certain events. They need to be a little less strict on the dress code policy,” she added.

Besides the dress code policy, there’s no other complaints about the dance. I would say that it is a success because most of the attendees had a great time. Students are looking forward to the next dance!

###