International Animation Festival to show footage of ‘Moana’ in June

In

In "Moana," Walt Disney Animation Studios' upcoming big-screen adventure, a spirited teenager named Moana (left) sails out on a daring mission to prove herself a master wayfinder. Along the way, she meets once-mighty demi-god Maui (right). Featuring Native Hawaiian newcomer Auli'i Cravalho as the voice of Moana, and Dwayne Johnson as the voice of Maui, "Moana" sails into U.S. theaters on Nov. 23, 2016. ©2015 Disney. All Rights Reserved.

Disney

Disney

Keiko Yamura, Reporter

Exclusive never-before-seen footage of Disney’s new animated film “Moana” is to be shown for the first time ever at the International Animation Festival in France this June.

The film is about a teenager who ventures out to sea to prove herself as a master wayfinder, with the help of demigod Maui, to save her people. Native Hawaiian Auli’i Cravalho is the voice behind Moana while Dwayne Johnson is the voice behind Maui.

Songs to be featured in the movie include ones that are written by Opetaia Tavita Foa’i who is a singer/songwriter for Te Vaka, a New Zealand South Pacific fusion band, as well as songs written by Lin-Manuel Miranda from the Pulitzer Prize-winning Broadway hit “Hamilton”.

Another New Zealand connection being featured in the film is in the screenwriting department. Taika Waititi, who is an actor/director whose previous films have been shown at the Hawaii International Film Festival.

Moana scheduled to release worldwide on November 23 of this year. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pretty excited to see how the movie turns out!

Source: KHON2

Image:  https://lintvkhon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/moana_maui-disney.jpg?w=650