Kohala takes shocking loss against Ka’u

Coach Chad Atkins calls for water during a time-out in the game against Ka'u on Sept. 24.

Colleen Pasco

Colleen Pasco

Keiko Yamura, Reporter

The Cowboys came up short on Sept. 24 by just four points against the Ka’u Trojans. The end score of the game came out to a very close 20-24. They battled Ka’u as best they could but just couldn’t put enough points up to walk away with the win.

From the first half of the game the two teams had pretty close scores. Peyton Oda scored 2 touchdowns along with Owen Kaawa-Culp scoring a receiving touchdown. Stylez Alvarez scored a 2-point conversion before the halftime mark leaving the crowd excited to see who was going to go home with the win.

When Owen was asked why he thought the boys couldn’t pull through, he answered, “We had a lot of mistakes but next game we’re coming to demolish.”

Hezedyn Ayin-Eugino replied, “We need to work a little extra on our defense to get that edge and cover our holes.”

The Cowboys will practice extra hard in the upcoming weeks to ensure this won’t happen again. Good luck Cowboys!