Inauguration activities set for January 20th, 2017

Kuha'o Kawaauhau, Reporter

The Presidential Inauguration is set for Friday, January 20th as we prepare to welcome our newly elected President of the United States of America. This event will be held at the U.S. Capital as thousands will gather to swear the President and Vice President into office. The inauguration dates back to 1789 when President George Washington was sworn in by Robert Livingston who was Chancellor of New York.

The inaugural activities begin with a Inaugural prayer service at the AME church, followed by the Presidential motorcade as it travels to the capitol building. Former President Barack Obama leaves office as the new President takes the oath of office administered by the Chief Justice of the United States.

The President will be saluted with a 21 gun salute before delivering the Inaugural speech.

Following the ceremony, the inaugural luncheon will be held at the Statuary Hall, followed by the Presidential Review of troops at the East steps of the capital for the start of the parade. The President will then exit his limo as she walks the parade on Pennsylvania Avenue. The President and the first lady will view the parade from the reviewing stand as the military regiments, citizens groups, marching bands and floats pass through.

The Presidential Inauguration will be televised as all major TV and radio networks will be carrying this all day, live coverage from Washington, D.C.