January 18, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Wednesday, January 18, 2017.

Softball practice starts today @ 4:30pm at Kamehameha Park.

Any KHS students interested in Track & Field, please sign-up in the main office. First team meeting will be Jan. 27 in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 at 2:30pm. All students participating in a winter sport are not required to attend any team mtgs. or practices until their sport is done.

Nominations for May Day will be taken during morning and lunch recesses in room 34 starting today, January 18, until January 26. Don’t submit anyone’s name unless you’ve told them first.

Attention anyone interested in working with artist Patrick Ching for afterschool project to renovate our high school gym letters, please complete a 21Century application to participate. Dates for students to participate are:

Jan 19, Thurs 3-5pm,
Jan 20, Fri 3-5 pm

Jan 21 Saturday 10AM -1PM

Jan 22 Sunday 1- 4PM

If needed, Jan 23 Monday after school 3-5pm.Students are welcome to participate some or all of the times. Permission forms must be signed in advance. See Mana Pasco or Ms White for information and permission forms.

The Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a program wherein all nine Rotary Clubs of the Big Island collaborate to deliver an excellent student leadership camp. RYLA seeks 10th and 11th graders interested in personal and team leadership, and community service. Students must apply ASAP. If chosen to attend RYLA, students will enjoy an all-expenses-paid camp where they work with students from around the island, build great friendships, learn about leadership and explore real-life issues of today. These activities are conducted at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. RYLA’s intent is to encourage students to be more effective leaders. If you are an interested student see Ms White today!

Attention past and current Driver’s Ed students: The annual Operation Driver Excellence Driving Challenge will be held at Waiakea High School on January 29th, Sunday from 8:30 and 12 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served that day. Please see Mr. Kealoha for traveling and permission forms for you and your parents to fill out. Deadline is the 20th of January. This will be great experience for all level of drivers.

Attentions Seniors: Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so, the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Attentions Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up:

CJ Aludino, John Nicolas, Gayle Lum, Kyrell Mateo, Chayden Osaki and Ian Rivera.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

2017 Homecoming Results: Congratulations to all students who participated in the school activities around this year’s Homecoming, “Wrangle Them Warriors.” In 4th place the Freshmen with 90 points, in third place the Sophomore class with 145 points, in second place the Junior class with 155 points and first place the Seniors with 200 points. Points include dress up days, games, and pep rally activities. Freshmen will be offered the opportunity to perform their routine at the opening of the next assembly due to their technical difficulties on Friday.

Boys Powder Puff

1)         Seniors

2)         Sophomores

3)         Juniors

Girls Powder Puff

1)         Juniors

2)         Freshmen

3)         Seniors

4)         Sophomores

Float

1)         Seniors

2)         Juniors

3)         Sophomores

4)         Freshmen

Banner

1)         Juniors

2)         Seniors

3)         Freshmen

4)         Sophomores

T-shirt Designs

1)         Sophomores

2)         Seniors

3)         Juniors

4)         Freshmen

Soccer hosts Pahoa @ 3pm. Please excuse all soccer players at 1:45pm

Girls basketball travels to Kealakehe. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 4pm.

BREAKFAST:                                                           

Egg Frittata

WG Roll

Fresh Fruits

Milk

LUNCH:

Grilled Cheese Sandwich w/Tomato Soup

Cucumber Salad

Fresh Fruits

Milk