January 19, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Thursday, January 19, 2017.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: Do you know what your true purpose is for being here? What do you look forward to everyday? What could you do for “work” that wouldn’t seem like work because you love it so much? If you’re not sure, join us this Friday during advisory and resource for our Blue Zones Purpose Workshop. You can see Mrs. Stafford for more information or sign up in the library at the counter.

Any KHS students interested in Track & Field can sign-up in the main office. First team meeting will be Jan. 27 in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 at 2:30pm. All students participating in a winter sport are not required to attend any team meetings or practices until their sport is done.

Applications for May Day court and nominations for JUNIOR-SENIOR PROM will be taken during morning and lunch recesses in room 34 until January 26th. Don’t submit anyone’s name unless you’ve told him or her first.

Seniors: Mob shot for Yearbook will be taken on February 7th. Please bring in baby picture for the yearbook by February 15 to give to Mrs. Hoy in room 34. Senior quotes will need to be submitted to turnitin.com; watch for details coming soon!

Attention anyone interested in working with artist Patrick Ching for afterschool project to renovate our high school gym letters, please complete a 21Century application to participate. Dates for students to participate are:

Today, Jan 19th 3-5pm,
Tomorrow, Jan 20th, 3-5 pm

Jan 21 Saturday 10AM -1PM

Jan 22 Sunday 1- 4PM

If needed, Jan 23 Monday after school 3-5pm.

Students are welcome to participate some or all of the times. Permission forms must be signed in advance. See Mana Pasco or Ms White for information and permission forms.

Attention Students:  The Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a program wherein all nine Rotary Clubs of the Big Island collaborate to deliver an excellent student leadership camp. RYLA seeks 10th and 11th graders interested in personal and team leadership, and community service. Students must apply ASAP. If chosen to attend RYLA, students will enjoy an all-expenses-paid camp where they work with students from around the island, build great friendships, learn about leadership and explore real-life issues of today. These activities are conducted at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. RYLA’s intent is to encourage students to be more effective leaders. If you are an interested student see Ms White today!

Attention past and current Driver’s Ed students: The annual Operation Driver Excellence Driving Challenge will be held at Waiakea High School on January 29th, Sunday from 8:30 and 12 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served that day. Please see Mr. Kealoha for traveling and permission forms for you and your parents to fill out. Deadline is tomorrow, January 20th. This will be great experience for all level of drivers.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so, the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so, the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh, for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up:John Nicolas, Kyrell Mateo, Chayden Osaki and Ian Rivera.

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Attention clubs, teams, and classes and advisers, First Fridays are starting up again this semester! See Mrs. Hoy/Aunty Teresa for applications, due by January 27 at 4pm to Aunty Teresa in the office. Dates are February 3, March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.

BREAKFAST:                                                           

Bagel Egg Sandwich

Fresh Fruits

Milk

LUNCH:

Sweet & Sour Pork

Steamed Rice

Napa Cabbage Cole Slaw

Fresh Fruits

Milk