January 20, 2017

Good Morning Kohala High School.

This is your Morning Bulletin for

Friday, January 20, 2017.

Attn. Ukulele Resource class: Pls. meet in Mr. Kealoha’s Rm. 18 today for Resource.

Seniors: Please pay your $16 for class t-shirt to Ms. Rost, Deysha, or Ella ASAP!!. All shirt purchases were approved by each buyer prior to sale. Pls. honor your word and pay the $16 today.

Any KHS students interested in Track & Field can sign-up in the main office. First team meeting will be Jan. 27 in Mr. Peterson’s Rm. 24 at 2:30pm. All students participating in a winter sport are not required to attend any team meetings or practices until their sport is done.

Applications for May Day court and nominations for JUNIOR-SENIOR PROM will be taken during morning and lunch recesses in room 34 until January 26th. Don’t submit anyone’s name unless you’ve told them first.

Seniors: Mob shot for Yearbook will be taken on February 7th. Please bring in baby picture for the yearbook by February 15 to give to Mrs. Hoy in room 34. Senior quotes will need to be submitted to turnitin.com; watch for details coming soon!

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a college major of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? If so the Dr. Lori Ann Kim Scholarship may be for you. There is a preference for Kohala residents with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, February 17th.

Attention Seniors: Are you interested in a career in accounting? If so the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants Scholarship may be for you. Please go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information. The application deadline is Friday, March 31st.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: There will be another SAT test administered at Kohala High School on Saturday, March 11th. If you are interested in registering, go see the college and career counselor, Mr. Bizuneh for more information and to see if you qualify for a fee waiver. The deadline for normal registration is Friday, February 10th.

The following students have bus passes ready for pick up: Jessa May Campollo, Lilly Lindsey, Kyrell Mateo, Chayden Osaki, Ian Rivera

TEACHERS & STUDENTS:

Resource classes start today!! Check out the assigned Resource classes posted on the library bulletin board, main office window and counter.

Please excuse the following Spirit and Rally Club members today at 2pm. They will be traveling to Ka’u for the Boys Basketball game: Sadey Alip, Mya Bartsch, Johnette Emeliano, Chloe Kalua’u, Lilly Lindsey, and Reyanna Savedra.

Attention clubs, teams, and classes and advisers, First Fridays are starting up again this semester! See Mrs. Hoy or Aunty Teresa for applications, due by January 27 by 4pm to Aunty Teresa in the office. Dates are February 3, March 3, April 7 and May 5 from 4 to 7pm.

Boys Basketball travels to Ka’u today. Game @ 6pm. Bus leaves @ 1pm. Please excuse players @ 12:45pm.

Saturday:  

Soccer host Pahoa. Game @ 3pm.

Girls Basketball hosts Pahoa. Game @ 6pm. Varsity only.

Swimming @ Kona. Meet starts @ 10am.

BREAKFAST:                                               

Hawaiian Sausage

Steamed Rice

Fresh Fruits

Milk

LUNCH:

Beef Laulau with Sweet Potato

Poi

Lomi Tomatoes

Fresh Fruits

Milk